Rigatoni with Roasted Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups uncooked rigatoni
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Place sweet potatoes and onion in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Combine the garlic, oil, salt, sage and pepper; drizzle over vegetables and toss to coat.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook rigatoni according to package directions. In a small saucepan, melt butter; stir in cream and wine. Bring to a gentle boil; cook for 10-12 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Drain rigatoni; place in a large bowl. Add cream sauce, vegetables and walnuts; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Rigatoni with Roasted Sweet Potatoes(4)
Sort By :
Usually my family loves our sweet potatoes sweet instead of savory, but this recipe is great! In my husband's words it's "strangely delicious." A filling and tasty meal!
I forgot to put the onions in the oven so I just sauted some mushrooms and threw those in there. Yummy and super quick!
substituted ricotta for cream and it worked quite well. delicious!
Yummy! I used 8 oz of Wagon Wheel pasta instead, because that's what I had. I also used kosher salt for roasting the sweet potatoes (which took 40 minutes, not 25). Very yummy and worth the time.
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >
- Simple Vegetarian Recipes >