Rich and buttery cream sauce coats pasta and sweet potatoes in this impressive entree. Walnuts and wine give the dish special flavor, while sage offers just the right seasoning. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups uncooked rigatoni
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Place sweet potatoes and onion in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Combine the garlic, oil, salt, sage and pepper; drizzle over vegetables and toss to coat.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook rigatoni according to package directions. In a small saucepan, melt butter; stir in cream and wine. Bring to a gentle boil; cook for 10-12 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Drain rigatoni; place in a large bowl. Add cream sauce, vegetables and walnuts; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Rigatoni with Roasted Sweet Potatoes in Simple & Delicious December/January 2011, p10
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Rigatoni with Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review