Rigatoni Chard Toss Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked rigatoni or large tube pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bunch Swiss chard, coarsely chopped
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook rigatoni according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add Swiss chard and onion; cook and stir 4 minutes. Add garlic; cook 2 minutes longer. Stir in tomatoes, beans, salt, pepper flakes, fennel and pepper. Cook 3-4 minutes longer or until chard is tender.
- Drain rigatoni, reserving 1/4 cup pasta water. Add rigatoni, pasta water and basil to skillet; toss to combine. Serve with cheese. Yield: 11 servings.
Reviews for Rigatoni Chard Toss
Sort By :
Very good. Made 6 main dish servings. Served with sourdough bread and fruit.
This was a very tasty recipe. Great way to use chard or any greens. Lots of good veggies in here, too. Thanks!
Does this really make 11 servings??? I have three teenage sons .....
This is a great way to use extra chard from the garden! My carnivore husband didn't even miss the meat. I used garbanzo beans instead of the cannellini beans because that's what we had on hand.
This recipe is excellent! I have made it several times. I leave out the fennel seeds (because I don't have any).
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Side Dishes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Pasta Side Dish Recipes >