Riesling and Swiss Cheese Fondue
Cheese lovers are sure to enjoy dipping into this rich and fancy fondue sparked with Reisling. It makes a savory, no-fuss appetizer for the holidays. Don’t be surprised when the pot is scraped clean!
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup dry riesling wine
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons sherry
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Sliced smoked sausage and cubed French bread baguette
- In a large bowl, combine the cheese and flour. In a large saucepan,
- heat wine and garlic over medium heat until bubbles form around
- sides of pan (do not boil).
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add 1/2 cup cheese mixture; stir
- constantly until almost completely melted. Continue adding cheese,
- 1/2 cup at a time, allowing cheese to melt almost completely between
- additions. Stir in the sherry, lemon juice and nutmeg.
- Transfer to a heated fondue pot; keep fondue bubbling gently. Serve
- with sausage and bread cubes. If fondue becomes too thick, stir in a
- little additional wine. Yield: 3 cups.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as