Riesling and Swiss Cheese Fondue Recipe
Cheese lovers are sure to enjoy dipping into this rich and fancy fondue sparked with Reisling. It makes a savory, no-fuss appetizer for the holidays. Don’t be surprised when the pot is scraped clean!
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup dry riesling wine
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons sherry
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Sliced Johnsonville® Smoked Sausage and cubed French bread baguette
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cheese and flour. In a large saucepan, heat wine and garlic over medium heat until bubbles form around sides of pan (do not boil).
- 2. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add 1/2 cup cheese mixture; stir constantly until almost completely melted. Continue adding cheese, 1/2 cup at a time, allowing cheese to melt almost completely between additions. Stir in the sherry, lemon juice and nutmeg.
- 3. Transfer to a heated fondue pot; keep fondue bubbling gently. Serve with sausage and bread cubes. If fondue becomes too thick, stir in a little additional wine. Yield: 3 cups.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC