Guests will think you fussed when they bite into a wedge of this cheesy tart. It's so simple to make with prepared pie pastry.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Galbani® Ricotta Cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Pastry for a single-crust pie (9 inches)
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add the cheeses, salsa, salt and pepper; mix well. Roll out pastry into a 12-in. circle on a foil-lined baking sheet. Spread with cheese mixture to within 1 in. of edge. Fold edge of pastry over outer edge of filling.
- Bake at 400° for 22-26 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting into wedges. Refrigerate any leftovers. Yield: 8-12 servings.
Originally published as Ricotta Tart in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2000, p21
Reviews for Ricotta Tart
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review