Ricotta-Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms Recipe
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 large portobello mushrooms
- 6 slices large tomato
- 3/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds or pine nuts, toasted
- 1 small garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 to 3 teaspoons water
- 1. In a small bowl, mix ricotta cheese, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, parsley and pepper. Remove and discard stems from mushrooms; with a spoon, scrape and remove gills. Fill caps with ricotta mixture. Top with tomato slices.
- 2. Grill, covered, over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Remove from grill with a metal spatula.
- 3. Meanwhile, place basil, almonds and garlic in a small food processor; pulse until chopped. Add remaining Parmesan cheese; pulse just until blended. While processing, gradually add oil and enough water to reach desired consistency. Spoon over stuffed mushrooms before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
1 stuffed mushroom equals 201 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 238 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 12 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 medium-fat meat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Ricotta-Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.