- 3/4 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 large portobello mushrooms
- 6 slices large tomato
- 3/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds or pine nuts, toasted
- 1 small garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 to 3 teaspoons water
- In a small bowl, mix ricotta cheese, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, parsley and pepper. Remove and discard stems from mushrooms; with a spoon, scrape and remove gills. Fill caps with ricotta mixture. Top with tomato slices.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Remove from grill with a metal spatula.
- Meanwhile, place basil, almonds and garlic in a small food processor; pulse until chopped. Add remaining Parmesan cheese; pulse just until blended. While processing, gradually add oil and enough water to reach desired consistency. Spoon over stuffed mushrooms before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Ricotta-Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
"Very good but I think the cheese mixture is only enough for 4, will make again though."
"Very good! Used cottage cheese instead of ricotta because I always have that on hand and still very good! Used my own home-made pesto that I keep frozen to speed prep up."
"I made these on the stove and they were so good, I had one for breakfast the next morning ;)"
"These were beautiful, and the pesto gave them a good flavor. Next time...I might add a little seasoning to the cheese, or at least salt the mushrooms. I just felt like it needed a little bit more of a salty flavor for my liking."
"These were very tasty! I only ended up being able to fill 4 mushroom with the filling."