- until smooth. Stir in rhubarb and orange. Bring to a boil; cook and
- stir until thickened and rhubarb is tender. Remove from the heat;
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and
- baking soda. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Combine the egg, cream, cheese and orange peel; stir into crumb
- mixture just until moistened. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 10
- Divide dough in half; pat each into a 7-in. circle. Cut each into six
- wedges. Separate wedges and place on a greased baking sheet. Brush
- with cream; sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon. Bake at 375° for
- 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack. Serve
- warm with compote. Yield: 1 dozen (3/4 cup compote).
Nutritional Facts: 1 scone with 1 tablespoon compote equals 386 calories, 19 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 361 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.