Ricotta Sausage Triangles Recipe
Savory pockets filled with cheese, sausage and seasonings...what's not to like? This recipe makes a lot so it's ideal for parties or potlucks. If you don't need the entire amount, they do freeze well.Virginia Anthony, Jacksonville, Florida
- 1 carton (15 ounces) part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped ripe olives
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 96 sheets phyllo dough (14 inches x 9 inches)
- Olive oil-flavored cooking spray
- In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir into cheese mixture.
- Place one sheet of phyllo dough on a work surface with a short end facing you. (Keep remaining phyllo covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to prevent it from drying out.) Spray sheet with cooking spray; repeat with one more sheet of phyllo, spraying the sheet with cooking spray. Cut into three 14-in. x 3-in. strips.
- Place a rounded teaspoonful of filling on lower corner of each strip. Fold dough over filling, forming a triangle. Fold triangle up, then fold triangle over, forming another triangle. Continue folding, like a flag, until you come to the end of the strip.
- Spritz end of dough with spray and press onto triangle to seal. Turn triangle and spritz top with spray. Repeat with remaining phyllo and filling.
- Place triangles on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 12 dozen.
Originally published as Ricotta Sausage Triangles in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2011, p11
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Ricotta Sausage Triangles(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Appetizers >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Low Carb Appetizers >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Appetizers >
- Low Fat Recipes >