These few ingredients go together quickly so I can have a warm coffee cake to serve overnight guests for breakfast. If you don't have or don't like cardamom, substitute any sweet spice. I recommend ground nutmeg, cinnamon or allspice. —Carol Gaus, Elk Grove Village, Illinois
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 cup Galbani® Part Skim Ricotta Cheese
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons fat-free milk
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 15x9-in. rectangle. In a small bowl, combine cheese, honey, cardamom and almond extract. Spread filling to within 1/2 in. of edges. Sprinkle with raisins. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Pinch ends together to form a ring.
- Place seam side down in a parchment paper-lined 9-in. round baking pan. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°. With a sharp knife, make 12 shallow slashes in top of coffee cake. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and milk; drizzle over cake. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Ricotta-Raisin Coffee Cake in Healthy Cooking December/January 2013, p16
Reviews for Ricotta-Raisin Coffee Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 15, 2015
"Great recipe. Similar to one my grandma used to make."