Roasted red peppers and ricotta cheese give these pastry puffs delicious flavor, while parsley and oregano add a little spark. Field editor Maria Regakis from Somerville, Massachusetts shares the recipe.
18 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 package (17-1/4 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup roasted sweet red peppers, drained and chopped
- 3 tablespoons grated Romano or Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon whole milk
- Unfold puff pastry; cut each sheet into nine squares. In a small
- bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, red peppers, 2 tablespoons Romano
- cheese, parsley, oregano and pepper.
- Brush pastry edges with milk; place 2 rounded teaspoons of cheese
- mixture in the center of each square. Fold edges of pastry over
- filling, forming a rectangle; seal edges with a fork. Cut slits in
- pastry; brush with milk. Sprinkle with remaining Romano cheese.
- Place on lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 15-20
- minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack. Serve warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 150 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 140 mg sodium,