Roasted red peppers and ricotta cheese give these pastry puffs delicious flavor, while parsley and oregano add a little spark. Field editor Maria Regakis from Somerville, Massachusetts shares the recipe.
- 1 package (17-1/4 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup roasted sweet red peppers, drained and chopped
- 3 tablespoons grated Romano or Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon whole milk
- Unfold puff pastry; cut each sheet into nine squares. In a small bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, red peppers, 2 tablespoons Romano cheese, parsley, oregano and pepper.
- Brush pastry edges with milk; place 2 rounded teaspoons of cheese mixture in the center of each square. Fold edges of pastry over filling, forming a rectangle; seal edges with a fork. Cut slits in pastry; brush with milk. Sprinkle with remaining Romano cheese.
- Place on lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Ricotta Puffs in Taste of Home December/January 2006, p60
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Ricotta Puffs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review