Ricotta Puffs Recipe
- 1 package (17-1/4 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup roasted sweet red peppers, drained and chopped
- 3 tablespoons grated Romano or Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon whole milk
- Unfold puff pastry; cut each sheet into nine squares. In a small bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, red peppers, 2 tablespoons Romano cheese, parsley, oregano and pepper.
- Brush pastry edges with milk; place 2 rounded teaspoons of cheese mixture in the center of each square. Fold edges of pastry over filling, forming a rectangle; seal edges with a fork. Cut slits in pastry; brush with milk. Sprinkle with remaining Romano cheese.
- Place on lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Ricotta Puffs(1)
Sort By :
I made these for a New Year's get together one year. The taste was good but I could have done with more of the filling in them. I tasted too much of the puff pastry. Will make again and increase the filling a bit. Might also try Locatelli Romano to see if it takes the flavor up a notch. Wonderful appetizer idea!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Puff Pastry Appetizer >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Italian Appetizers >
- Italian Recipes >