- in half so that one portion is slightly larger than the other. Wrap
- smaller portion in plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- Divide the remaining dough into six portions. Roll out each portion
- to fit a 5-in. pie plate; transfer pastry to pie plates. Set aside.
- Press raspberries through a sieve; discard seeds. In a small
- saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in raspberry puree.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from heat. Spread over the bottom of each crust. Sprinkle
- with chocolate chips.
- In a large bowl, beat the ricotta cheese, flour and vanilla until
- blended. In a small bowl, beat eggs on high speed for 3 minutes.
- Gradually add sugar, beating until mixture becomes thick and
- lemon-colored. Fold into ricotta mixture. Spread into pastry shells.
- Roll out remaining pastry; make lattice crusts. Trim, seal and flute
- edges. Whisk egg white; brush over lattice tops. Sprinkle with
- coarse sugar.
- Transfer pies to a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes
- or until crust is golden and filling is set. Cool on a wire rack.
- Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6 mini pies.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters Moscato
, sweet floral aromas of peach and honey. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $49.99. Order Now