- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- RASPBERRY LAYER:
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons coarse sugar
- Place the flour in a large bowl; cut in the butter until crumbly. In a small bowl, whisk egg yolks and water; gradually add to flour mixture, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Divide dough in half so that one portion is slightly larger than the other. Wrap smaller portion in plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- Divide the remaining dough into six portions. Roll out each portion to fit a 5-in. pie plate; transfer pastry to pie plates. Set aside.
- Press raspberries through a sieve; discard seeds. In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in raspberry puree. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat. Spread over the bottom of each crust. Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- In a large bowl, beat the ricotta cheese, flour and vanilla until blended. In a small bowl, beat eggs on high speed for 3 minutes. Gradually add sugar, beating until mixture becomes thick and lemon-colored. Fold into ricotta mixture. Spread into pastry shells.
- Roll out remaining pastry; make lattice crusts. Trim, seal and flute edges. Whisk egg white; brush over lattice tops. Sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Transfer pies to a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until crust is golden and filling is set. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6 mini pies.
Originally published as Raspberry Ricotta Pies in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p161
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Ricotta Pie (Pizza Dolce) with Chocolate and Raspberry
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review