From Orange Park, Florida, Barbara Carlucci shares this warm appetizer dip that sets its flavor from an herb soup mix. Crispy golden pizza dough strips are perfect for digging into the thick cheesy mixture.
- PIZZA STICKS:
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon savory herb with garlic soup mix
- 1/4 cup chopped pepperoni
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out pizza crust to a 12-in. x 8-in. rectangle. Brush with oil. Combine the Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and pepper; sprinkle over dough. Cut into 3-in. x 1-in. strips; place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 425° for 6-9 minutes or until golden brown. Meanwhile, combine the sour cream, ricotta, soup mix and pepperoni in a saucepan; heat through. Stir in mozzarella and Parmesan cheese just until melted. Serve warm with pizza sticks. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen pizza sticks and 2 cups dip.
Originally published as Ricotta Pepperoni Dip in Quick Cooking May/June 2001, p42
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Ricotta Pepperoni Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 3, 2012
"I've been making this recipe for over ten years ...always a hit. I actually use refrigerated bread sticks instead of the pizza crust- just a little easier!"