Ricotta Pear Dessert Recipe
Looking to pare down fat and calories? Try this perfect little pear dessert from Lee Bremson of Kansas City, Missouri. “Apples would be a tasty substitute for this fruity dessert,” she says.
- 1 medium ripe pear
- 1 tablespoon ricotta cheese
- 3 teaspoons honey, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1. Core pear from bottom, leaving stem intact. Cut in half vertically. Slice pear, but not all the way through, leaving slices attached at the stem.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine ricotta cheese and 1 teaspoon honey. Place pear halves on dessert plates; fan slightly. Spread ricotta mixture over pear slices. Drizzle with remaining honey; sprinkle with walnuts. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving equals 116 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 10 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC