Ricotta Pear Dessert
Looking to pare down fat and calories? Try this perfect little pear dessert from Lee Bremson of Kansas City, Missouri. “Apples would be a tasty substitute for this fruity dessert,” she says.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 medium ripe pear
- 1 tablespoon ricotta cheese
- 3 teaspoons honey, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts, toasted
- Core pear from bottom, leaving stem intact. Cut in half vertically.
- Slice pear, but not all the way through, leaving slices attached at
- the stem.
- In a small bowl, combine ricotta cheese and 1 teaspoon honey. Place
- pear halves on dessert plates; fan slightly. Spread ricotta mixture
- over pear slices. Drizzle with remaining honey; sprinkle with
- walnuts. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 116 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 10 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.