Looking to pare down fat and calories? Try this perfect little pear dessert from Lee Bremson of Kansas City, Missouri. “Apples would be a tasty substitute for this fruity dessert,” she says.
Recommended: 45 Valentine's Day Desserts for Your Sweetie
- 1 medium ripe pear
- 1 tablespoon ricotta cheese
- 3 teaspoons honey, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts, toasted
- Core pear from bottom, leaving stem intact. Cut in half vertically. Slice pear, but not all the way through, leaving slices attached at the stem.
- In a small bowl, combine ricotta cheese and 1 teaspoon honey. Place pear halves on dessert plates; fan slightly. Spread ricotta mixture over pear slices. Drizzle with remaining honey; sprinkle with walnuts. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Ricotta Pear Dessert in Cooking for 2 Spring 2007, p61
Reviews for Ricotta Pear Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 25, 2011
"This looks so elegant when it's served."