Looking to pare down fat and calories? Try this perfect little pear dessert from Lee Bremson of Kansas City, Missouri. “Apples would be a tasty substitute for this fruity dessert,” she says.
- 1 medium ripe pear
- 1 tablespoon ricotta cheese
- 3 teaspoons honey, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts, toasted
- Core pear from bottom, leaving stem intact. Cut in half vertically. Slice pear, but not all the way through, leaving slices attached at the stem.
- In a small bowl, combine ricotta cheese and 1 teaspoon honey. Place pear halves on dessert plates; fan slightly. Spread ricotta mixture over pear slices. Drizzle with remaining honey; sprinkle with walnuts. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Ricotta Pear Dessert in Cooking for 2 Spring 2007, p61
Reviews for Ricotta Pear Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 25, 2011
"This looks so elegant when it's served."