Here's a scrumptious way to start the day. My fluffy, tender pancakes and topped with sauteed cinnamon apples and a drizzle of maple syrup. Add a cup of coffee or a glass of milk and you'll be all set.
- 2 medium apples, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/4 cups cake flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Maple syrup
- In a large saucepan, cook apples in butter over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until tender. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine the cheese, milk, egg yolks, lemon peel, juice and remaining sugar. Stir into dry ingredients just until combined. In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into batter.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is golden brown. Serve with apples and maple syrup. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Ricotta Pancakes with Cinnamon Apples in Country October/November 2010, p52
Reviews for Ricotta Pancakes with Cinnamon Apples
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review