Ricotta Nut Pie
I'm proud to serve this tall pie at special dinners for family and guests. Similar to a traditional Italian ricotta pie but with a few fun twists, it's a satisfying dessert that's not overly sweet. I can't resist the yummy combination of almonds, ricotta cheese, apricots and chocolate.
-Renee Bennett, Manlius, New York
6-8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 45 wafers)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped toasted almonds
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a small bowl, combine the wafer crumbs and butter; press onto the
- bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate.
- Bake at 375° for 6-8 minutes or until the crust is lightly
- browned; cool on a wire rack. Spread preserves over crust.
- In a large bowl, beat the ricotta, sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Stir in the chocolate, chopped almonds and apricots. Fold in whipped
- cream. Spoon into the crust. Sprinkle with slivered almonds. Cover
- and refrigerate overnight. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 493 calories, 32 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 79 mg cholesterol, 208 mg sodium,