Ricotta Nut Pie Recipe
I'm proud to serve this tall pie at special dinners for family and guests. Similar to a traditional Italian ricotta pie but with a few fun twists, it's a satisfying dessert that's not overly sweet. I can't resist the yummy combination of almonds, ricotta cheese, apricots and chocolate. -Renee Bennett, Manlius, New York
- 1-1/2 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 45 wafers)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped toasted almonds
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the wafer crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate.
- 2. Bake at 375° for 6-8 minutes or until the crust is lightly browned; cool on a wire rack. Spread preserves over crust.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat the ricotta, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Stir in the chocolate, chopped almonds and apricots. Fold in whipped cream. Spoon into the crust. Sprinkle with slivered almonds. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 slice: 493 calories, 32g fat (16g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 208mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein
Reviews for Ricotta Nut Pie
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC