"This moist, slightly sweet bread is one of my favorites to prepare in my bread machine," says Jenet Cattar of Neptune Beach, Florida. Jenet's recipe produces a smaller loaf, which is especially nice for households with one or two people.
16 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 3-4 hours
- 3 tablespoons warm milk (70° to 80°)
- 2/3 cup ricotta cheese
- 4 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached Bread Flour
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by
- manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and
- loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions
- (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of
- water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (1 pound).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 74 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 101 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.