Ricotta Bread Recipe
- 3 tablespoons warm milk (70° to 80°)
- 2/3 cup ricotta cheese
- 4 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached Bread Flour
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (1 pound).
Reviews for Ricotta Bread(4)
Sort By :
We loved this bread-it's so nice and soft...perfectly wonderful warm from the oven or toasted for breakfast. I used part-skim ricotta, instant yeast and made it by hand rather than using a bread machine. It makes (1) 8x4-inch loaf of bread. Since it makes a pretty small loaf, I think I'll double the ingredients to make a larger loaf and either a mini loaf or dinner rolls the next time I make it-and yes, there definitely will be a next time.
Thank you, Jenet for this wonderful recipe!
This is wonderful bread. Makes great toast. Good with turkey sandwiches. I think I am going to make it again and try a little wheat flour as this is so moist, I think it can take it. Not sure it it matters what fat content the ricotta is though. Guess I will get to experiment! Yum!!
This was good and I may make it again. It was nice to take a break from making bread the regular way.
Need recipe Without using a bread Machine please.