I love making healthy meals with produce from my latest farmers market trip. This pasta takes under 25 minutes from pantry to dinner table. You can easily make it a meat entree by adding cooked, shredded chicken. —Jerilyn Korver, Bellflower, California
Recommended: 48 Ways to Cook Fresh, Juicy Tomatoes
- 3 cups uncooked whole wheat elbow macaroni (about 12 ounces)
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups arugula or baby spinach
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water; drain well.
- In a large bowl, combine beans, tomatoes, corn, onion, ricotta and Parmesan cheeses, basil, oil, garlic, salt, rosemary and pepper. Stir in pasta. Add arugula; toss gently to combine. If desired, sprinkle with parsley. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Ricotta, Tomato & Corn Pasta in Simple & Delicious June/July 2017
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Ricotta, Tomato & Corn Pasta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review