Ideal for breakfast or dinner, Amy Crane’s delicate frittata hits the spot without being too heavy. The Swartz Creek, Michigan likes to prepare it with sharp cheddar cheese for extra flavor.
- 3 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 6 large egg whites
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- Toss zucchini with flour. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute zucchini in oil until crisp-tender and lightly browned. Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg whites, eggs, ricotta cheese, 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, yogurt, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper. Stir in zucchini. Transfer to a 9-in. pie plate coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with poppy seeds and remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Zucchini Frittata in Light & Tasty February/March 2008, p28
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Ricotta & Cheddar Zucchini Frittata
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 5, 2009
"I just think this recipe needs more seasoning of some kind for flavor."