- 3 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 6 egg whites
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- Toss zucchini with flour. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute zucchini in oil until crisp-tender and lightly browned. Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg whites, eggs, ricotta cheese, 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, yogurt, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper. Stir in zucchini. Transfer to a 9-in. pie plate coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with poppy seeds and remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Zucchini Frittata in Light & Tasty February/March 2008, p28
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Ricotta & Cheddar Zucchini Fritatta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 5, 2009
I just think this recipe needs more seasoning of some kind for flavor.