- 1/2 cup butter
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Whipped cream, fresh raspberries and mint, optional
- In a microwave or double boiler, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool for 10 minutes. In a bowl, beat eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt until thickened, about 4 minutes. Blend in chocolate mixture. Stir in flour; mix well.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9-in. springform pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Combine the glaze ingredients in a small saucepan; cook and stir over low heat until melted and smooth. Cool slightly. Run a knife around the edge of springform pan to loosen; remove cake to serving plate. Spread glaze over the top and sides; set aside.
- For sauce, puree raspberries in a blender or food processor. Press through a sieve if desired; discard seeds. Stir in sugar; chill until serving.
- Spoon sauce over individual servings. Garnish with whipped cream, raspberries and mint if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forRich Truffle Wedges
"This has become a Christmas Eve tradition for our family. Rich and decadent, you'd never know how simple it is to prepare."