Rich Spinach Casserole Recipe
"I found this recipe in an old slow cooker cookbook," recalls Vioda Geyer of Uhrichsville, Ohio. "When I took the side dish to our church sewing circle, it was a big hit."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Cook: 2-1/2 hours YIELD:8 servings
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 2-1/2 hours or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 162 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 607 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 13 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC