Rich Spinach Casserole Recipe
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 2-1/2 hours or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup: 162 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 607mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein.
Reviews for Rich Spinach Casserole
"This was "rich" but very tasty! We are going to try the leftovers with tortilla chips as an appetizer!"
"We love spinach, so I know this is always a hit! I have never used egg substitute ~ have found using 2 extra large eggs work well."
"It was a hit at my house. The kids beg for it :)"