Rich Spinach Casserole Recipe
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 2-1/2 hours or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup: 162 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 607mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein .
Reviews for Rich Spinach Casserole
"This was "rich" but very tasty! We are going to try the leftovers with tortilla chips as an appetizer!"
"We love spinach, so I know this is always a hit! I have never used egg substitute ~ have found using 2 extra large eggs work well."
"It was a hit at my house. The kids beg for it :)"