"I found this recipe in an old slow cooker cookbook," recalls Vioda Geyer of Uhrichsville, Ohio. "When I took the side dish to our church sewing circle, it was a big hit."
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 2-1/2 hours or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Rich Spinach Casserole in Quick Cooking March/April 2004, p53
Reviews for Rich Spinach Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 10, 2013
"We love spinach, so I know this is always a hit! I have never used egg substitute ~ have found using 2 extra large eggs work well."
Reviewed Dec. 20, 2011
"It was a hit at my house. The kids beg for it :)"