- Meanwhile, cut cake into 3/4-in. slices; spread with jam. Cut each
- slice into thirds; place with jam side up in a 3-qt. trifle dish or
- deep salad bowl. Cover with berries. Top with custard.
- Cover and chill overnight. Just before serving, whip cream and sugar
- until stiff; spread over custard. Garnish with almonds and berries
- if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 369 calories, 18 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 160 mg cholesterol, 178 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.