Rich Potato Casserole Recipe
- 2 packages (30 ounces each) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 3/4 cup butter, melted, divided
- 4 cups (32 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups cornflakes, crushed
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, 1/2 cup butter, sour cream, soup, onions, cheese, salt and pepper. Transfer to two greased shallow 3-qt. baking dishes. Combine cornflakes and remaining butter; sprinkle evenly over tops. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 26-30 servings.
Tip: Assemble casserole; cover and refrigerate. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
1 cup: 209 calories, 15g fat (10g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 347mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Rich Potato Casserole
"This recipe isn't any different than most "church potatoes" recipe but I love the large quantity. I use this recipe often for football and baseball team meals. It also freezes well so I divide it up between smaller pans and pop them in the freezer."