Rich Peanut Clusters
It’s cheaper to make these bite-size morsels than it is to buy them in the store. Best of all, family and friends agree they taste better!
—Janice Garvert, Plainville, Kansas
180 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 packages (10 to 12 ounces each) vanilla or white chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon butter, softened
- 2 cans (12 ounces each) salted peanuts
- In a microwave, melt chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Stir in
- vanilla and butter. Add peanuts; mix well.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper-lined pans. Refrigerate until
- set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 15 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 peanut cluster equals 58 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 20 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.