“Our family loves ice cream, and this homemade version is a family favorite,” says Catherine MacRae Lyerly of Winston-Salem, North Carolina. “I came up with the recipe when I needed to use up the fruit from our peach trees.”
- 2 cups cold fat-free milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 medium peaches, peeled and chopped
- 2 cans (12 ounces each) fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 carton (8 ounces) fat-free frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a large bowl, beat milk and pudding mix on low speed for 2 minutes. Beat in the peaches, evaporated milk, condensed milk, sugar, lemon juice, extracts and salt. Beat in whipped topping just until combined.
- Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer's directions. Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze. Transfer to freezer containers; freeze for 2-4 hours before serving. Yield: 4 quarts.
Originally published as Rich Peach Ice Cream in Light & Tasty June/July 2007, p33
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Rich Peach Ice Cream
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 2, 2011
"Made this recipe last weekend and the family loved it! This one is a keeper."
Reviewed Jul. 29, 2011
"can this be made in an ice cream machine?"