“Our family loves ice cream, and this homemade version is a family favorite,” says Catherine MacRae Lyerly of Winston-Salem, North Carolina. “I came up with the recipe when I needed to use up the fruit from our peach trees.”
- 2 cups cold fat-free milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 medium peaches, peeled and chopped
- 2 cans (12 ounces each) fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 carton (8 ounces) fat-free frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a large bowl, beat milk and pudding mix on low speed for 2 minutes. Beat in the peaches, evaporated milk, condensed milk, sugar, lemon juice, extracts and salt. Beat in whipped topping just until combined.
- Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer's directions. Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze. Transfer to freezer containers; freeze for 2-4 hours before serving. Yield: 4 quarts.
Originally published as Rich Peach Ice Cream in Light & Tasty June/July 2007, p33
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Rich Peach Ice Cream
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review