Rich Parsley Biscuits
“These honey-flavored biscuits are delectable,” assures Margaret Wilt of Ridley Park, Pennsylvania. They’d be a perfect treat at brunch or alongside soup at lunch or dinner.
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 ounces cold PHILADELPHIA® 1/3 Less Fat Cream Cheese Spread
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cold reduced-fat butter
- 2/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup honey
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Cut in cream cheese and butter until mixture resembles coarse
- crumbs. Stir in the broth, parsley and honey just until moistened.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Pat or roll
- out to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit
- Place 2 in. apart on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake
- at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
- Yield: 16 biscuits.
Nutritional Facts: 1 biscuit equals 123 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 159 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber,