Rich Parsley Biscuits Recipe
“These honey-flavored biscuits are delectable,” assures Margaret Wilt of Ridley Park, Pennsylvania. They’d be a perfect treat at brunch or alongside soup at lunch or dinner.
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 ounces cold reduced-fat cream cheese
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cold reduced-fat butter
- 2/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda. Cut in cream cheese and butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the broth, parsley and honey just until moistened.
- 2. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Pat or roll out to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter.
- 3. Place 2 in. apart on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 16 biscuits.
1 biscuit equals 123 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 159 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1-1/2 starch.
Reviews for Rich Parsley Biscuits
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC