Rich Parsley Biscuits Recipe
“These honey-flavored biscuits are delectable,” assures Margaret Wilt of Ridley Park, Pennsylvania. They’d be a perfect treat at brunch or alongside soup at lunch or dinner.
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 ounces cold PHILADELPHIA® 1/3 Less Fat Cream Cheese Spread
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cold reduced-fat butter
- 2/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup honey
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda. Cut in cream cheese and butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the broth, parsley and honey just until moistened.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Pat or roll out to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter.
- Place 2 in. apart on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 16 biscuits.
Originally published as Rich Parsley Biscuits in Simple & Delicious September/October 2006, p15
Reviews for Rich Parsley Biscuits(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2010
These were a bit hit with my family...they freeze well, too! I used cilantro instead of parsley.