Rich Onion Gratin Recipe
A staple at many of our special dinners, this comforting casserole is a tasty change of pace from potatoes. The wonderful aroma is irresistible!—Carla den Dulk, Modesto, California
- 2 large onions, cut into 8 wedges
- 3-1/2 cups frozen pearl onions
- 3 cups sliced leeks (white portion only)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1. Place the onions, leeks and garlic in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; drizzle with butter.
- 2. Combine the cream, flour, salt and pepper until smooth; pour over onion mixture and stir to coat. Sprinkle with bread crumbs, parsley and paprika.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 45-50 minutes or until onions are tender. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 325 calories, 23g fat (14g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 205mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein .
Reviews for Rich Onion Gratin
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC