Rich Onion Beef Soup Recipe
- 2 cups thinly sliced onions
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups cubed cooked roast beef
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) beef broth
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup dry red wine or additional beef broth
- 1 teaspoon browning sauce
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook onions in butter over medium-low heat for 15-20 minutes or until tender and golden brown, stirring occasionally. Add beef and broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the flour, mustard and sugar; stir in wine or additional broth and browning sauce until smooth. Stir into soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Yield: 5 servings.
1 cup: 208 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 786mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein.
Reviews for Rich Onion Beef Soup
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.