Rich N Creamy Potato Casserole Recipe
My husband, a pastor, and our three children enjoy these potatoes so much that I don't wait until the holidays to make them. This casserole often comes out when we invite church members over for a family-style meal.
- 6 medium potatoes
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool. Peel and grate potatoes; place in a large bowl. Add the sour cream, cheddar cheese, 3 tablespoons butter, green onions, salt and pepper.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Drizzle with remaining butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Refrigerate any leftovers. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 292 calories, 19 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 445 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC