Rich N Creamy Potato Casserole Recipe
My husband, a pastor, and our three children enjoy these potatoes so much that I don't wait until the holidays to make them. This casserole often comes out when we invite church members over for a family-style meal.
- 6 medium potatoes
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool. Peel and grate potatoes; place in a large bowl. Add the sour cream, cheddar cheese, 3 tablespoons butter, green onions, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Drizzle with remaining butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Refrigerate any leftovers. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Rich N Creamy Potato Casserole in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2000, p28
Reviews for Rich N Creamy Potato Casserole(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 24, 2012
The famous Mormon funeral potatoes! ;) I make this often; one of my favorite recipes.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Potatoes >
- Casserole Side Dish Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Potato Casseroles >
- Potato Recipes >
- Potato Side Dishes >