Rich Mushroom Bake
I developed this recipe to camouflage mushrooms for my family. Stuffing gives great flavor and Parmesan adds the "mandatory" cheese topping for the kids.
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup crushed seasoned stuffing
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms in 2 tablespoons butter; remove
- and set aside. In the same skillet, melt remaining butter; stir in
- flour until smooth. Gradually add the milk, broth and pepper. Bring
- to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Return
- mushrooms to the pan; stir in stuffing until blended.
- Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with Parmesan
- cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until
- bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 192 calories, 15 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 388 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.