- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup crushed seasoned stuffing
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms in 2 tablespoons butter; remove and set aside. In the same skillet, melt remaining butter; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add the milk, broth and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Return mushrooms to the pan; stir in stuffing until blended.
- Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Rich Mushroom Bake in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2006, p127
Reviews for Rich Mushroom Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 17, 2013
"Made this into more of a main dish - I added cooked rice and chopped roast beef, sauteed onion with the mushrooms and didn't add the stuffing mix. It was sooooo good!"