I developed this recipe to camouflage mushrooms for my family. Stuffing gives great flavor and Parmesan adds the "mandatory" cheese topping for the kids.
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup crushed seasoned stuffing
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms in 2 tablespoons butter; remove and set aside. In the same skillet, melt remaining butter; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add the milk, broth and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Return mushrooms to the pan; stir in stuffing until blended.
- Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Rich Mushroom Bake in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2006, p127
Reviews for Rich Mushroom Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 17, 2013
"Made this into more of a main dish - I added cooked rice and chopped roast beef, sauteed onion with the mushrooms and didn't add the stuffing mix. It was sooooo good!"