- 1 pound beef stew meat, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 to 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3-1/2 cups water
- 3 medium carrots, cubed
- 2 zucchini, cubed
- 2 tomatoes, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium turnip, cubed
- 1 green or sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 cans (30 ounces each) dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- In a large Dutch oven, brown beef and chicken in oil over medium-high heat; drain.
- Add the water, carrots, zucchini, tomatoes, onion, turnip and green or red pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until beef is tender. Add beans and chili sauce; simmer 15 minutes longer. Yield: 16 servings (4 quarts).
Originally published as Meaty Vegetable Chili in Reminisce Extra October 1993, p45
Reviews for Rich Meaty Vegetable Chili
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review