This chili is a wonderfully flavorful with many different vegetables and meats. It is perfect to make sure your kids get their servings of vegetables. They will think it is so delicious and not know it is good for them.—Ed Horkey, Ahwatukee, Arizona
- 1 pound beef stew meat, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 to 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3-1/2 cups water
- 3 medium carrots, cubed
- 2 zucchini, cubed
- 2 tomatoes, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium turnip, cubed
- 1 green or sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 cans (30 ounces each) dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- In a large Dutch oven, brown beef and chicken in oil over medium-high heat; drain.
- Add the water, carrots, zucchini, tomatoes, onion, turnip and green or red pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until beef is tender. Add beans and chili sauce; simmer 15 minutes longer. Yield: 16 servings (4 quarts).
Originally published as Meaty Vegetable Chili in Reminisce Extra October 1993, p45
Reviews for Rich Meaty Vegetable Chili
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review