Rich Italian Beef Roll ups Recipe
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup Italian-seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 5 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 to 3-1/2 pounds beef top round steak
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 cups spaghetti sauce, divided
- Hot cooked spaghetti, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine ground chuck, eggs, crumbs, milk, onion, salt and pepper; mix thoroughly. Shape into twelve 3-in. rolls.
- 2. Cut steak into twelve 6-1/2-in. x 3-1/2-in. pieces. Wrap each roll in a piece of steak; secure with toothpicks. In a large skillet, brown roll-ups in oil over medium heat.
- 3. Spread 2 cups of spaghetti sauce into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Place roll-ups over sauce; cover with remaining sauce. Cover and bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until steak is tender. Remove toothpicks. Serve over pasta if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 400 calories, 16 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 149 mg cholesterol, 932 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 45 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.