- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/3 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 teaspoons rum extract
- In a heavy saucepan, combine cream and butter. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until butter is melted. Add the sugars and salt; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved, about 4 minutes. Stir in the cocoa and corn syrup; cook and stir for 3 minutes or until cocoa is blended.
- Add chocolate; cook and stir 3-4 minutes longer or until chocolate is melted. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 12-16 minutes or until desired thickness is reached, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in extracts. Cool slightly. Serve warm over ice cream. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: about 3-1/2 cups.
Reviews for Rich Hot Fudge Sauce
"Love it. I didn't have any heavy cream so I just used equal amount of evaporated milk. It turned out wonderful. I also used 3 oz milk chocolate chips and didn't add the rum. Wisked the while time and was done in like 10 min total."
"Amazing! Rich, thick and smooth."
"Made this for work and everybody loved it! Said best sauce they ever tried!"
"Made this for work and everybody loved it!"
"OMG, this was excellent. Did not have any rum extract so substituted raspberry extract. My daughter is throwing a party later this summer and says I have to make a batch of this sauce for that."