Rich Hot Fudge Sauce Recipe
I've made this scrumptious topping ever since the early 1980s. It always turns out smooth and yummy. The dark chocolate flavor, with a hint of rum extract, is not overly sweet but will still satisfy a chocoholic's cravings. -Carol Hanihan Ann Arbor, Michigan
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/3 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 teaspoons rum extract
- 1. In a heavy saucepan, combine cream and butter. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until butter is melted. Add the sugars and salt; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved, about 4 minutes. Stir in the cocoa and corn syrup; cook and stir for 3 minutes or until cocoa is blended.
- 2. Add chocolate; cook and stir 3-4 minutes longer or until chocolate is melted. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 12-16 minutes or until desired thickness is reached, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in extracts. Cool slightly. Serve warm over ice cream. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: about 3-1/2 cups.
Reviews for Rich Hot Fudge Sauce
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC