Rich Horseradish Cheese Spread Recipe
Cheesy, thick and rich, this flavorful dip stays put on freshly baked soft pretzels. It’s also delicious spread on slices of crusty French bread.—Cathy Bodell, Frankfort, Michigan
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:10 servings
- 1 package (16 ounces) process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup prepared horseradish
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Baked soft pretzels, optional
- 1. In a heavy saucepan over low heat, combine the cheese, mayonnaise, horseradish, milk and pepper sauce. Cook and stir until cheese is melted and mixture is blended. Serve with pretzels if desired. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
1/4 cup (calculated without pretzels) equals 277 calories, 25 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 692 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC