“I love to try new recipes and entertain friends and relatives.” This drink couldn’t be more perfect for doing just that. Coffee lovers—your favorite drink just got better! —Sharon Delaney-Chronis, South Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 3 cups hot brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup hazelnut liqueur or 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Whipped cream and instant espresso powder, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the coffee, brown sugar and butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Stir in cream; heat through.
- Remove from the heat; stir in liqueur. Ladle into mugs. Garnish with whipped cream and dust with espresso powder if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Rich Hazelnut Coffee in Simple & Delicious December/January 2011, p81
Reviews for Rich Hazelnut Coffee
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review