- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, patted dry
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese, butter, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Combine 2 cups flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to butter mixture. Mix remaining flour with cranberries and nuts; fold into batter. Batter will be very thick. Spoon into a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- Bake at 350° for 65-70 minutes or until cake tests done. Let stand 5 minutes before removing from the pan. Cool on a wire rack. Before serving, dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: about 16 servings.
Reviews for Rich Cranberry Coffee Cake
"Very good cake - lovely taste. I will however add more cranberries 1/2 cup to a cup and bake for only 50 minutes next time as it was slightly dry."
"This recipe is great to take to a club meeting or church lunch because you will get raves and recipe requests."
"This cake is easy to make and a good reason to keep frozen cranberries in your freezer. I baked it for about 65 minutes and it was perfect. I did forget to put the confectioner's sugar on after it was baked, but it really didn't need it. I like this cake because it is not overly sweet. It is perfect with a nice cup of coffee and satisfies a sweet tooth without being too much. I used a little more cranberries and nuts than called for because I didn't feel like taking the time to measure accurately on those ingredients. So I went with close enough and a few extra berries and nuts never hurts anything :). I used real butter and real cream cheese because if you are going to take the time to bake, skimping on ingredients is just plain silly. If you are looking for something to serve company, feel confident in making this recipe. Your guests will be glad you did."
"Wonderful and delicious!"
"This cake was delicious. After reading previous reviews, I baked it for 50 minutes and it was perfect. I used reduced-fat cream cheese and cut the cranberries in half before adding them to the batter. I didn't add the nuts due to family preference. Thank you for sharing our new favorite cranberry recipe!"