Rich Cranberry Coffee Cake Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, patted dry
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans or walnuts
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese, butter, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Combine 2 cups flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to butter mixture. Mix remaining flour with cranberries and nuts; fold into batter. Batter will be very thick. Spoon into a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- Bake at 350° for 65-70 minutes or until cake tests done. Let stand 5 minutes before removing from the pan. Cool on a wire rack. Before serving, dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: about 16 servings.
Reviews for Rich Cranberry Coffee Cake(11)
Sort By :
This is a supper cake as is. But the second time I made it I used the whole 12 oz bag of
berries . I also used 1 cup of pecans and added 1/4 tsp. almond extract and upped the sugar to 2 cups. I thought it was better. Let it cool a little longer before working with it since there is so much more fruit etc in it.
This cake was phenomenal! My whole family loved it - the texture is perfect and the flavor delicious!
The cake came out good, but a little overdone. I took it out at 60 min., next time will start to check at 50. I will add 2 packages of cranberries next time I make it.
Super good just as recipe is. I made it twice in one week. It's just that good. Second time I add all the 3 cups/12 oz? bag of fresh cranberries, a tsp of almond extract along with an extra 1/2 tsp of vanilla & 3 extra tbls sugar. The additions really gave it more flavor & moisture. I killed a loaf in one day by myself. I've never eaten that much of anything! I'm going to add this cake to my Christmas goody packages. Absolute keeper recipe!!!
Have made this for many years! It's an all time family favorite.
Makes a nice gift people always ask for the recipe
More Recipe Collections
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Breakfast Coffee Cake >
- Bundt Coffee Cake >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Coffee Cakes >
- Coffee Cake Bread Recipes >
- Coffee Cake Recipes >
- Coffee Cakes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Cranberry Bread Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Fresh Cranberry Recipes >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >