Rich Cranberry Coffee Cake Recipe
Meet the Cook: When our children come home for the holidays, I make sure to bake this coffee cake. I always use fresh berries in season, then put a few bags in the freezer for later on. That way, we can enjoy this moist cake anytime we want! -Mildred Schwartzentruber, Tavistock, Ontario
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 65 min. + cooling YIELD:16 servings
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, patted dry
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a bowl, beat cream cheese, butter, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- 2. Combine 2 cups flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to butter mixture. Mix remaining flour with cranberries and nuts; fold into batter. Batter will be very thick. Spoon into a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 65-70 minutes or until cake tests done. Let stand 5 minutes before removing from the pan. Cool on a wire rack. Before serving, dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: about 16 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 337 calories, 20 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 99 mg cholesterol, 285 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC