Rich Cranberry Coffee Cake Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, patted dry
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese, butter, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Combine 2 cups flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to butter mixture. Mix remaining flour with cranberries and nuts; fold into batter. Batter will be very thick. Spoon into a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- Bake at 350° for 65-70 minutes or until cake tests done. Let stand 5 minutes before removing from the pan. Cool on a wire rack. Before serving, dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: about 16 servings.
Reviews for Rich Cranberry Coffee Cake(14)
Sort By :
Made two of these to take to Christmas get togethers, they both turned out great. Stays very moist, the cream cheese really comes out, the tart and the crunch are a great combo. As with some of the other reviewers, mine ended up being a little brown, so next time I'd take it out at 50 or 55 minutes. But other than that it was a big holiday hit!
Absolutely delicious! As it is quite caloric, save it for special occasions when you want to splurge. I added 1/2 teas. of cinnamon and a dash of nutmeg to the original recipe. Mine was very done at 60 minutes so suggest checking it earlier. Can't wait for the next special occasion to make again!
As with all TOH recipes, giving thisrecipe 5 star rating. Making to give as Christmas gift. Thank You for posting this recipe.
This is a supper cake as is. But the second time I made it I used the whole 12 oz bag of
berries . I also used 1 cup of pecans and added 1/4 tsp. almond extract and upped the sugar to 2 cups. I thought it was better. Let it cool a little longer before working with it since there is so much more fruit etc in it.
This cake was phenomenal! My whole family loved it - the texture is perfect and the flavor delicious!
More Recipe Collections
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Breakfast Coffee Cake >
- Bundt Coffee Cake >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Coffee Cakes >
- Coffee Cake Bread Recipes >
- Coffee Cake Recipes >
- Coffee Cakes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Cranberry Bread Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Fresh Cranberry Recipes >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >