Cinnamon-pecan swirls and a chocolatey drizzle enhance this tender coffee cake. Gaytha Holloway from Marion, Indiana submitted the recipe.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- CHOCOLATE GLAZE:
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Combine sour cream and vanilla; add to creamed mixture alternately with dry ingredients just until combined.
- Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle 2 tablespoons into a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan. For glaze, in a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth. Spoon half of the batter over topping; sprinkle with half of the remaining topping. Drizzle with half of glaze. Top with remaining batter; sprinkle with remaining topping.
- Bake 60-70 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Warm remaining glaze; drizzle over warm coffee cake. Serve warm if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Rich Coffee Cake in Taste of Home June/July 2007, p41
Reviews for Rich Coffee Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review