- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- CHOCOLATE GLAZE:
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Combine sour cream and vanilla; add to creamed mixture alternately with dry ingredients just until combined.
- Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle 2 tablespoons into a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan. For glaze, in a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth. Spoon half of the batter over topping; sprinkle with half of the remaining topping. Drizzle with half of glaze. Top with remaining batter; sprinkle with remaining topping.
- Bake 60-70 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Warm remaining glaze; drizzle over warm coffee cake. Serve warm if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Rich Coffee Cake(7)
Sort By :
I have made this coffee cake many times by request! Very moist and delicious. I usually forego the pecans because I don't usually have them on hand and I also use light sour cream instead of regular and can't tell the difference. One problem I have is that the cake always sticks to the pan if I sprinkle the sugar concoction on the bottom first. Even without it, wonderful recipe!
5 stars I make this many times. I use 1/2 cup of blueberries in the cake to change it up sometimes. My family loves this cake. Carol
I have made this recipe many times, and my niece begs me to make it when she comes over to spend the night. It has been a huge hit in my family.
loved this coffee cake ,I do not like chocolate much , so I used caramel instead and I doubled the topping
This coffee cake was loved by all my kids , I doubled the topping ingredients, and instead of the chocolate glaze I used caramel topping
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Breakfast Coffee Cake >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Coffee Cakes >
- Coffee Cake Bread Recipes >
- Coffee Cake Recipes >
- Coffee Cake with Sour Cream >
- Coffee Cakes >