- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- CHOCOLATE GLAZE:
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Combine sour cream and vanilla; add to creamed mixture alternately with dry ingredients just until combined.
- Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle 2 tablespoons into a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan. For glaze, in a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth. Spoon half of the batter over topping; sprinkle with half of the remaining topping. Drizzle with half of glaze. Top with remaining batter; sprinkle with remaining topping.
- Bake 60-70 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Warm remaining glaze; drizzle over warm coffee cake. Serve warm if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Rich Coffee Cake
Sort By :
"I have made this coffee cake many times by request! Very moist and delicious. I usually forego the pecans because I don't usually have them on hand and I also use light sour cream instead of regular and can't tell the difference. One problem I have is that the cake always sticks to the pan if I sprinkle the sugar concoction on the bottom first. Even without it, wonderful recipe!"
"5 stars I make this many times. I use 1/2 cup of blueberries in the cake to change it up sometimes. My family loves this cake. Carol"
"I have made this recipe many times, and my niece begs me to make it when she comes over to spend the night. It has been a huge hit in my family."
"loved this coffee cake ,I do not like chocolate much , so I used caramel instead and I doubled the topping"
"This coffee cake was loved by all my kids , I doubled the topping ingredients, and instead of the chocolate glaze I used caramel topping"