Rich Chocolate Souffle Recipe
In Atlanta, Georgia, Linda Blaska serves this rich chocolate dessert when entertaining. The sumptuous souffle has a light, airy texture, yet its center is moist and almost fudge-like.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt. Add milk. bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add the chocolate and butter; cook until chocolate and butter are melted; stir until smooth. Remove from the heat. Add 1/3 cup chocolate mixture to the egg yolks; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Stir in vanilla; cool slightly.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat egg whites until foamy. Add cream of tartar; beat until stiff peaks form. Fold into the chocolate mixture.
- 3. Pour into a greased 2-qt. souffle dish. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Serve immediately. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 slice: 132 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 97mg cholesterol, 129mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (11g sugars, trace fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Rich Chocolate Souffle
Reviewed Dec. 2, 2014
"Excellent! Gluten Free!!"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC